If you’re starting or currently running a full time business, you probably don’t have a lot of extra time to spend working on your social media. So to help you focus on what truly matters, I wanted to share 9 ways to automate social media as a business owner!
I’m going to keep this short and sweet for you, so let’s dive in:
- Precreate your hashtags. Open your notes, and copy this format in below. Once you’ve got it copied in, you’re going to fill in the 30 hashtags with relevant content in your niche. You’ll fill this out for a few different posts, and then you can just copy and paste it in the post/comments whenever you decide to upload! (You can also paste this into your shortcuts to make the process even faster.)
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
- Recycle content topics. Create 10-15 content topics that are related to your niche, so you just fill in the blanks when you’re ready to post! For example, if you were a real estate company, here’s a few topics that I’d use:
- Just listed homes
- Just sold homes
- Under contract homes
- Fun things to do in the area
- Other businesses in the area
- Community member related posts
- Customer testimonials
- Behind the scenes at the office
- Recycle old posts. Let’s be honest, it’s super unlikely that someone is going to remember the old photo that you posted last year. Just re-use it and slap on a different caption!
- Repurpose content between different platforms. What this means, is that you can take one content idea and diversify it for all of your feeds. For example, we’ll take this blog post’s content idea – 9 ways business owners can automate social media, and apply it to Instagram, Tik Tok, my Facebook group, and a blog post.
- Instagram: Take a photo and bullet point the 9 main ideas of the post as the caption.
- Tik Tok: Take a video, explaining the 9 key points, and post. You can also repurpose this as an Instagram Reel.
- Blog post: Just write the blog post and share!
- Facebook group: Share the link to the blog post with a relevant photo. (Maybe even the one from your Instagram post!)
- Pre-plan your posts. When you batch create, you can usually plan quickly because your brain stays in the same thought process. And then you’re not stuck trying to post something last minute while you have writer’s block at 7:00! My advice: have the photo idea and caption ready to go about a week in advance.
- You can also pre-create and schedule your posts in advance. There are plenty of planner apps like Hootsuite, Preview, Tailwind, Planoly, etc. There are different benefits for each platform, so just pick whichever one you like best. (Most of these platforms have a free version, which will work just fine!)
- Use templates for your posts. If you have a template, you can just fill in your photos for each post, switch up the words a bit, and then you’ll be ready to go! This will make sure that your posts look cohesive and branded. Canva is my favorite platform for templates. They have a free version, which will work just fine. But if you want to step up your social media template game, contact me and we’ll chat about creating some custom, branded templates!
- Use the same (or 2-3 similar) presets to give the look of a cohesive feed, and make it simple and easy to edit photos.
- Lastly, organizing your camera roll can be super helpful in automating your social media. If you snap a photo that you know you’ll want to share, add it to a folder called “(business name) socials”. That way, when you’re looking to plan content in the future, it’s all right in front of you!
Alright, so that’s all I have for you! I hope that this post was able to save you a little bit of time on your socials so you can focus on the good stuff. I’ve discounted my social media bundle for a limited time, so if you’re interested in having those systems in your back pocket to maximize your time – go check that out! 🙂
Related to 9 Ways to Automate Social Media as a Business Owner: